Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Transformed Trunk

I inherited this very beautiful black trunk from my Grandma and after lugging this trunk back to Colorado from Montana I realized it needed a fresh new look to accompany the new surroundings.  Oh, thats Hazel my daughter doing her very best to "Vanna White" the trunk. 




After a little research, I came across a white painted trunk that I absolutely loved, found here. I started by removing the sticky remanence of duct tape that once had been place on the corners of the trunk.  A little WD40 did the trick.

 





The trunk then got sprayed with several coats of Valspar's white gloss paint and top coated with a clear coat. The finished product is the difference between night and day. I love, love the look of the trunk! It brought an old, tired black trunk to new life as a coffee table.


 Are you working on any painting projects?  I would love to hear about your re-dos!

No comments:

Post a Comment