Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Potato Happy

Ok, I'm totally obsessed with soup.  It has been so cold here in Colorado, that nothing tastes better then a yummy bowl of hot soup.  So, last night when I was standing in the middle of my kitchen wondering what I was going to make for dinner....I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about, I figured a creamy bowl of potato soup sounded pretty yummy.


Maggie's Creamy Potato Soup

~4 cloves garlic, chopped
~1/2 Onion, diced
~3 Tabs Olive Oil
~5 russet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
~4 cups of chicken stock or vegetable stock
~1/3 cup cream cheese
~1/2 cup of heavy cream
~salt and pepper to taste


Cook garlic and onions in olive oil for 5 minutes in a large pot, meanwhile peel and dice potatoes into one inch cubes.  Place potatoes into the pot with garlic and onion, let cook for an additional 5 minutes.  Cover potatoes, garlic and onion with 4 cups of chicken stock.  Let potatoes cook in stock for 20 minutes.  Add cream cheese, heavy cream and salt and pepper and let simmer for 20 more minutes.  Use hand blender to puree soup to desired thickness, I left the soup a little chunky.  Add shredded cheese and chopped bacon to top of soup if desired.




I served this soup with a hot swiss and ham sandwich, talk about yumminess!  I would love to hear about your soup recipes and weeknight meals!  I try to make a meals that satisfies both the parents and kiddo, since making two meals is not in my agenda.  I always love to get new ideas.  Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!

~Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment