*Five Things You Probably Didn't Know About Me*
1. Motherhood has me embracing my silly side. Holy cow, if someone had only told me I'd be laughing as much and has hard as I do with an 18 month old. It's so awesome to see how a toddler (or any age child) lives in the moment, explores everything that is new, dances when they feel like it, smiles and laughs at the smallest things and doesn't care what people think when they are silly. I have learned that being silly keeps you feeling young and energize. So, my piece of advice for Mom's and Dad's out there......dance around with your kiddo, make funny faces and noises and laugh at all things, because life is to short to be serious!
2. Julia Robers has enter the building......If you don't know, I became Julia Roberts in September, when I married my husband Jarod Roberts. Yes, I think that this can be used to my advantage....comp hotel rooms, yummy free dinners at Denver's Finest and only the best in fashion! True, true that in everyday life I do go by Maggie, but my legal name is Julia and only a few select call me that. Boy, did I feel funny changing my drivers license when they kept shouting out "JULIA ROBERTS!" while everyone turned to see the stunning Julia Roberts, they were unfortunately disappointed when they saw me! In my world I am The Julia Roberts and proud of it!
3. I have a dream of living in Portland, Oregon. Before I ever visited the beautiful city, I could not have told you why I wanted to live there. It's hard to believe that I had never met anyone from Portland or even heard anything about the city, but had wanted to pick up and move. Funny, right? After visiting the area, I fell in love with it. With it's mild weather, friendly people, Bicycle friendliness and yummy restaurants, who wouldn't want to live there. For a girl who was born and raised in Colorado....Oregon is calling my name!
4. I order the same thing---every single time---I go to a restaurant. Yep, I'm that girl! It's hard to believe since I love to try new recipes and food, but when I find something good that I like, why would I potentially be disappointed with something else the next time. That's my logic. If every restaurant could be a Quincy's Steakhouse (Leadville, Colorado) than I would be happy. One item, 4 different sizes....that's my perfect restaurant world!
5. It's hard for me to embrace color! I think that I've mentioned this in my past posts. I have always loved white, white rooms, white snow, white paint, and white clothing, so embracing color is a different concept for me. Although, I have started to change my likeness, I find it hard to step out of my comfort zone. Color is a wonderful thing and one thing that make life a little more brighter!
Now, you know a little bit more about me! Thanks for taking the time to come into my world....I can't thank you enough. Hope your off to a good start this Monday morning! XO