Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sweet and Simple

I can't believe that yesterday brought a new month!  Time flies when your having fun, right?  When I was little, Valentines day was nothing too extravagant, but I do remember my mom making us feel so super-special at dinner time.  She would hid a card under our dinner plates.  All dinner long there was anticipation of getting to open the card.....typically it was a cute valentines day card with a little money inside.....so fun!  This year I thought of an easy DIY that will make your special someone feel super-special, not just on Valentines Day, but for the whole month!


All you need is some pretty paper, letters to trace the name, twine and a glue gun.  



Trace letters onto your paper.  Cut out letters with scissors. Cut twine to desired length (measure your chair and make sure to allow enough twine to tie around each side of the chair). Arrange letters on twine, then glue to twine.  Easy as pie!!!







I'm thinking I need to make the hubby one too!  This would be a fun and easy way for an intimate dinner party, as well.  Instead of the typical name placements on the table, why not put your guests names on their chair......LOVE!  It's kinda fun for the month of February.  Hope ya'll are having a wonderful week.  Any plans for Super-Bowl Sunday?  XO

~Maggie

*Check out Made in a Day a cute blog that has lots of fun ideas for crafts and DIY's.  

2 comments:

  1. This is a great little project. Thanks for sharing. I am a new follower from the Finding New Friends Blog Hop. I would love for you to hop over to Saving and Sharing It and visit.

    Katie
    http://www.savingandsharingit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea! Maybe I'll try that for Valentine's morning! Thanks for linking it up to the Valentine Craft Linky at Heartfelt Balance Handmade Life

    ReplyDelete