Monday, April 30, 2012

The Love of Garlic

Hope your weekend was wonderful!  After a beautiful day and some much needed family time yesterday, I was sad to see the day come to an end, I guess we always have next Sunday!  Something to look forward to!

Talking about something to look forward to....in the last few years I have strived to make the perfect garlic bread, only to be no-so-satisfied with the outcomes.  I'm a big fan of garlic, garlic and more garlic.  When we lived in Missoula, MT the hubby and I loved the garlic bread at Ciao Mambo's and not to forget that my Mother-in-law Debi makes the ultimate garlic bread....yum!  So when I stumbled upon a garlic bread recipe, I thought that I would give it a try and add a little something that made it oh-so-yummy and delicious.



Melt butter in the microwave for 30 seconds, add garlic to butter and spread mixture on your bread (cut bread in half). Add a pinch of garlic salt to the top of the garlic/butter mixture.  Place in oven for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees.


Remove bread from oven, reset oven to Broil.  Add the the cheese, I used a mixture of romano, parmesan, fontina and asiago cheeses.  Place in oven for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is delightfully melted and starting to turn golden brown!



This of course was paired perfectly with pasta, but could be the perfect carb with a big salad!  Hope you get to try this yummy recipe!  Tell me what you think!  See you tomorrow.  XO

~Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment