Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Chocolate.....Yes Please!

It's funny Jarod and I don't normally eat a lot of sweets, until October comes around and it seems like October, November and December all mash into one long sweet binge.  That's why I felt like it was appropriate to head a recipe having to do with, none other than.....White Chocolate!!!!

White Chocolate Bark


1/2 cup walnuts, pecans, pistachios (I used pecans, chopped and toasted)
16 ounces of white chocolate
1/2 cup dried berries (cranberries, blueberries, aprocits or any mixture of dried fruit)

Draw an 8 by 10 inch rectangle on a piece of parchment paper placed on a sheet pan.  Place 3/4 of the chocolate in a double boiler, let melt, continue to add chocolate in same portions until all the chocolate is melted.

Pour the melted chocolate onto the parchement papter and spread it light into the drawn rectangle. Sprinkle the top evenly with the nuts, berries and set aside for at least 2 hours until firm. Cut the bark into squarish pieces.




YUM, YUM!  I'm saving these yummy little treats for a little something to snack on during Thanksgiving day.  Speaking of Thanksgiving, I'll be back this afternoon with some of my table a arranging ideas, thoughts and my final menu! Gobble, Gobble!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment