Friday, November 18, 2011

Leadville=Striking it Rich!

If you haven't noticed by now, I'm a weekly thrift store shopper. Some people think that a thrift store has tons of junk, and they do, but it's amazing what you can find if you spend a little time looking.  When I go home to Leadville I always make two stops the Thrift Store on Main street and The Western Hardware Store (which is now an antique mall).





I absolutely love the hardware store, it's one of those buildings that exudes character and history.  The second you walk in you feel as though you have been taken a step back in time. The Hardware store opened in August of 1881, originally as Manville and McCarthy Hardware.  It was an operating hardware store for over 100 years.  Every time I go in I find a tons of things that I would love to take home with me.  This trip was no different,  I always awe and admire, but never purchase. Here are a few things that stuck my fancy this time!

Vintage wagon...yes please!

Vintage Ski's

LOVE, LOVE the pinkish-red urn


These were my finds that I brought home for the thrift store, for a total of $2.00!  These wood plates were a steal, $1.50 for the set of eight.  Instead of using them as plates, I'm going to use them as chargers for Thanksgiving dinner.  I also got this round lamp shade for .50 and it goes perfect with a lamp that I already had.  Sometimes I can't believe I get so lucky, but it's alway worth the time and the search!  






Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!  Maybe a little thrifting and antiquing  is on the agenda? Either way, Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment