Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving On My Mind



Ok, ok, I'm starting to stress myself out a little bit with fact that I will be throwing my very first Thanksgiving dinner, and although I'm excited and thankful to have the opportunity, I'm getting a little nervous.  I have always loved Thanksgiving, it's a day to be together, enjoy family and friends, eat lots and lots with out feeling the slightest bit guilty!  For the last week, I've been researching how to cook my turkey, whether to glaze it, stuff it or brine it, secretly I've been hoping the turkey would pop out of the oven perfectly golden brown and taste heavenly amazing without me having to do a single thing (kinda like a cooking show on the Foodnetwork).  As I think about it a little more, I'm up for the challenge!

Here are a few ideas that I'm pondering~

I absolutely love the simplicity of the ribbon tied around the silverware. It's easy and very inexpensive.



I Love the color scheme of this table: white, hints of green and orange, plus their uses of feathers in the centerpiece .


Asparagus is one of our household favorites. A little olive oil, salt and pepper, throw in the oven and roast for 1/2 hour, top with toasted and chopped almonds.

Well, hope everyone is off to a good start this Thursday morning!  The weeks almost over, hooray!  I'll be back later today with a few of my Leadville thrift store finds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment