Thursday, December 8, 2011

"Deck the Door with Boughs of Evergreen"

Yesterday Hazel and I spent a good part of the day enjoying the sun shine outside and finishing the Christmas decorations.  I've been a bit of procrastinator with this, since we have been having pretty cold and snowy weather.....I'm sure acting like a wimp!  Thanks to my father, I got a huge pile of evergreen boughs the last time my Mom was down from the Mountains.  So instead of buying my typical wreath from Lowes, I decided that I would try to attempt to make a wreath.  Here it goes.....



We had this round wire left over from our kitchen light project, which made the perfect outline for a wreath. I started with cutting pieces of the bough that had a slight curve and shadowed the wire.  I tied the boughs to the wire with twine, both at the end of the bough and mid-bough to secure it to the wire. I continued with that process, until the entire wire was cover with pine booughs.




As you can tell from the picture, it was looking a little bare.  After hanging it on the front door, I continued to add additional boughs to the place I felt needed more coverage or OOMPH!


I added a lime green bow and some burlap (burlap=Roberts Christmas decor for 2011) and my very favorite sign to the back of the wreath.....FLAKES WELCOME says it all!!!!

I'll be back later with a few pictures of our house and it Christmasness!

~Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment