Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Golden Egg~Cracked

Top o' the Mornin' to ya.  Yesterdays attempt to hammer out an Easter to-do went ok, but I'm not totally sold on the end result.  I thought I would share the process of the Golden Egg, but if you do end up trying it..... make sure to use eggs that do not open in the middle----note to self.  I'll show you what I mean.

I had a few left over eggs from last year, that wouldn't be getting any use this year, so I decided to give them new life!  Of course, I took out the trusty old spray paint and started spraying.


My 1st layer of paint was a baby-blue.  As you can see, theres a lovely line smack dab in the middle of the egg.  So sad---but I kept going.


I used garage sale price tags/dots to mark off the area that I didn't want sprayed in gold.  You then peel off the tags after spraying the 2nd layer of your desired color, reveling cute blue dots!




Good thing Easter doesn't last all year!  I think they would have turned out 100% cuter if they didn't have that awful line in the middle.  Oh well, can't win them all! Maybe I'll attempt it again in the near future.  Tomorrow I'll be reveling my 2012  Vegetable Garden Plans, which I plan on talking about every Thursday through out the summer, so if you would like to feature your garden or plans here on Maggie's Ways, give me a shout!  Enjoy your day!

~Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment